Friday, April 8, 2016

Glendalough

Yesterday I went to an area called Glendalough where St. Kevin's monastery was.The temperature was cold and very windy but we toughed it out. My favorite building was called "The Round Tower". It was a four story building with only one window on the first three floors and four windows on the fourth floor. The door was 12 feet high and you had to use a ladder to get in. the door was so high because the monks didn't want enemies to break in.

Another one of my favorite structures was the Cathedral. It is one of the oldest churches in all of Ireland. It was built between the12th and 13th centuries.Yesterday was a fun trip to Glendalough and I can't wait to see all of the other interesting  things.

1 comment:

  1. I bet Tommy and John would love the monastery! You will have to tell them all about it!

    ReplyDelete